Dear guests, this season, due to the Novel Coronavirus outbreak, we had to prioritize the safety of our guests and the local community by implementing precautionary measures and adjustments to White Pearl services and facilities in compliance with the NPHO Regulation (Greek National Public Health Organization), as the well-being of our guests and staff is our top priority. White Pearl Villas’ autonomous layout enhances the safety of the premises as it offers extra privacy and minimizes social engagement with other guests. Rest assured that we will make our utmost to ensure a pleasant and safe stay! You may find below the Covid-19 Prevention Policy and the measures taken but not limited to the following.
Enhanced policies in regards to Covid-19
- White Pearl Team implements the guidelines issued by the NPHO, follows the necessary hygiene measures, keeps appropriate physical distance, wears masks and gloves where and when necessary.
- White Pearl Team is trained on practices for effective cleaning and disinfecting services.
- Antiseptic solutions are available in common areas. Personal protective equipment (masks, gloves) are available when requested and/or a medical kit in case of an incident.
- White Pearl Team will provide you with web-based material (a) information about pharmacies, local doctors, and hospitals if necessary (available in a printed version as well) (b) useful coronavirus material.
- White Pear Team is trained for the handling of a suspected case following the plan for dealing with a suspected case from NPHO and has established direct communication with Santorini hospital for Covid-19 related incidents and health and safety procedures.
- Non-hotel guests are prohibited from entering White Pearl premises.
Check-in and Welcoming guests, Reception & Concierge Services & Check-out
- When we welcome you we will avoid handshakes and keep appropriate distance to ensure your well-being and the well-being of our employees. Express check-in is available. If you are interested in the express check-in procedure kindly contact us at least 3 days prior to your arrival to ensure that we will be able to serve your needs. Check-in time starts at 15:00. The check-in takes place either in the privacy of your villa, preferably outdoors, or at our reception desk. The reception area is equipped with an antiseptic solution for use by our guests and the reception desk is frequently disinfected. Queuing at the reception during check-in must be avoided, thus we kindly request to provide the time of your arrival in order to arrange a smooth and safe check-in procedure.
- As reception hours will be limited we are providing a phone number to which you may contact us to assist you with requests and concierge services. We will contact you prior to your arrival to provide information for concierge services in case you wish to proceed with any relevant arrangements in advance. We are always available if you need us!
- Breakfast is served either upon appointment in our breakfast area or on the outdoor terrace of the guests’ suites with room service.
- Express check-out is available. Kindly provide the check-out time in a timely manner. Bills, invoices, and receipts will be sent via email after your check out. Check-out time ends at 11:00. Credit or debit cards are recommended for payment of hotel costs (cash should be accepted in only exceptional cases).
- We must keep an updated record of all guests staying at the hotel – name, nationality, date of arrival and departure, contact details (address, telephone, e-mail), so that communication is possible if a coronavirus case is identified at a later time.
Cleaning and Housekeeping
- We have extended the duration of check-out and check-in times between stays (check out by 11 am and check-in from 3 pm) so that rooms can be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected using certified products and aired out between stays of guests through natural ventilation.
- We follow enhanced disinfection and deep cleaning practices in accordance with NPHO instructions. We apply sanitation services in all public areas and pay special attention to cleaning “high-frequency touch points” such as door handles, key cards, etc. Fabric surfaces such as furniture upholstery are being cleaned with a steam appliance or certified disinfecting solutions.
- We minimized the frequency of cleaning the suites during the stay of guests and paused turn-down service. Housekeeping services are available upon guests’ request. The daily change of sheets, pillowcases, and towels is avoided and only carried out only upon guests’ request. Immaterial objects such as pillows and bedding have been removed from all suites. The same applies to multi-purpose objects such as brochures etc.
Recreational water facilities
Most of the White Pearl Villas feature private water facilities such as hot tubs, plunge pools, and swimming pools. White Pearl also features a shared pool and pool area.
- Guests are requested to book an appointment in order to use the common pool and loungers in order to avoid overcrowding. The maximum total number of people entering the swimming pool at any given time will not be greater than four. Guests are requested to shower before and after entering the pool. Shower gel and an antiseptic solution are available.
- Pool towels are provided to each guest to be used as a cover to the sun loungers. Loungers and tables are cleaned and effectively disinfected after a guest leaves and before being used by another guest.
- The layout of seats on the swimming pool deck (sunbeds, chairs, sun loungers, etc.) has been arranged so that the distance between the ends of the seats of two people to be at least 2 meters in each direction.
Guests are requested to remain at their suite in case they show any symptoms of the infection like coughing, headache, fever, and contact the reception immediately. Guests are requested to follow the instructions and measures and in case of not abiding with the regulations or if the guests behave inappropriately, the accommodation has the right to ask the customer to leave for public health protection reasons. NPHO highly recommends all guests to have travel insurance which covers expenses concerning COVID-19 (examination, testing, hospitalization, transfer to medical center/hospital, quarantine accommodation, and repatriation). Finally, in case, guests are tested and found positive to the COVID-19 up to 14 days after your departure from our premises, they are requested to inform White Pearl Villas.
We encourage all future guests that chose Santorini as a vacation destination for this season to do thorough research, prior to their travel arrangements, and check whether they are able to enter Greece and which requirements have to be met to be allowed to travel such as presenting vaccination certificate or negative PCR/antigen test, filling the Passenger Locator Form (PLF), etc. The official portal of Greece for the protocol for arrivals in the country which can be found at https://travel.gov.gr can be a helpful tool and is being updated regularly by Greek authorities. Further to this, since there is a possibility for guests to be infected by the virus due to its high transmissibility and not be allowed to travel due to the international regulations for public safety, we highly recommend to all future guests to make travel insurance that will cover the cost of a canceled trip, for reasons related to COVID-19.
We look forward to welcoming you!
The White Pearl Team